A sequel to Hockey Tactics 2020, the revolutionary ebook read by NHL players, coaches and GMs.
Hockey Tactics 2021 is a deep dive into the way the sport is coached and played at the professional level, featuring insights and anecdotes from a former analyst/coach in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization.
Foreword by Scott Powers (coauthor of Belfry Hockey & writer for The Athletic).
1) How Nikita Kucherov elevates TBL's 1-3-1 PP
2) Mike Reilly's evolution & how to scout modern Ds
3) Intro to sled hockey with Team USA's Josh Pauls
4) Joe Pavelski's fountain of youth
5) Why the Chicago Blackhawks can't defend
6) Lamoriello, Trotz and NYI's turnaround
7) Riding shotgun with Marie-Philip Poulin
8) How Latvia beat Canada
9) Philosophy & refereeing
10) How not to be a sh*tty coach
About the creators:
Jack Han (Twitter @jhanhky) wrote for the Montreal Canadiens, the ATP World Tour and The Athletic. Between 2017 and 2020 he worked in analytics, player development, scouting and coaching in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization. He is currently a coaching consultant for NHL, AHL, European and women's professional players.
Michael Farber (Twitter @MichaelFarber3) is the winner of the Elmer Ferguson Award presented by the Hockey Hall of Fame, the top honor for a hockey journalist. His work appears in Sports Illustrated and on TSN.
Bruno-Clément Boudreault (Twitter @bcboudreault) is lifelong hockey fan and the founder of vraiment.design, a communications agency based in Quebec City.
(Photo credit Christian Bonin)
10 new chapters filled with actionable insights
- Illustrated ebook
- Size11.4 MB
- Length82 pages
- 10 new chapters filled with actionable insights
- Original illustrations